Class A CDL - Local Intermodal truck driver - Evanston, IL
3101 South Packerland Dr.
Green Bay, WI 54306
CDL Apprenticeship Program | Top drivers earn up to $100,000
Average pay: $1,180-$1,450 weekly
Home time: Daily
Experience: No CDL
- Haul freight containers secured to company-owned chassis.
- 95% no-touch freight.
- Multiple loads per week with majority drop-and-hook.
- Drive a tractor from Schneider's pool of 150+ day cabs. No assigned trucks.
- Drive in and out of railyards within 225 miles of Chicago, IL.
Pay and bonus potential
- Mileage (practical miles) and load pay.
- Weekly paychecks.
- Earn at least $900 in weekly guarantee pay during your first 120 days.
- Weekly performance pay.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
*Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
- Individuals looking to obtain their Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Individuals who currently have Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) from their State of residence.
- Tanker and HazMat endorsements required after hire.
- Live within 50 miles of Chicago, IL and live in Illinois.
Need one or more of your endorsements, or unsure if you qualify? Call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation.
- Paid time off after 6 months, plus 6 days of holiday pay per year.
- Company-paid CDL training options: tuition reimbursement ($200/month) or CDL Apprenticeship Training* (paid six-week training at a Schneider facility).
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- See full list of driver benefit package.
*CDL Apprenticeship Training (CAT) Program participants: Per Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) regulations, if your employment with Schneider terminates within 6 months after the date you are certified as having passed the CDL skills test, the IDOT will require you to get retested to maintain your CDL classification.
More reasons to choose Schneider Intermodal driving
- Less wasted time – 100% company-owned Intermodal chassis to reduce time at the rail yard and increase earning potential.
- New equipment – Nearly 100% automated transmissions in day cab and sleeper trucks averaging 3 years of age.
- Constant support – Onside, individual leaders and dispatch with low driver-to-leader ratios and 24/7/365 operation and maintenance support.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus
Other positions at Schneider
|Class A CDL - New pay increase - Dedicated Reefer truck driver||Hamilton, OH|
|Class A CDL - Dedicated truck driver||Carlisle, PA|
|Class A CDL - Dedicated truck driver - Cabinetworks||Iowa City, IA|
Other positions in Evanston, IL
|Class A CDL - Dedicated truck driver - Corsicana Mattress||Evanston, IL|
|Class A CDL - Dedicated truck driver||Evanston, IL|
|Class A CDL - Crosstown Intermodal truck driver||Evanston, IL|
Other positions in Illinois
|Class A CDL - New pay increase - Dedicated Team truck driver - Toro|
|Class A CDL - Dedicated truck driver - Lowe's|
|Class A CDL - Local Intermodal truck driver - 4 day work schedule|
Other positions for Other Truck Experience
|Class A CDL - New pay increase - Dedicated Reefer truck driver|
|Class A CDL - Dedicated Reefer truck driver|
|Class A CDL - Home daily Regional Intermodal truck driver|
E-mail To A Friend