"Five Million Safe Mile" Drivers Recognized as Driver of the Year

"FiveMillion Safe Mile" Drivers Recognized as Driver of the Year

Irving,TX-  Owner Operators Allen and Sandy Smithhave been named Driver of the Year at National Carriers, Inc. Joining the firmin 1987, the Smith team is quickly approaching their 30thanniversary with the “Elite” Fleet. Delivering over 4000 loads during theteam’s tenure, they have driven over five million miles without a reportableaccident. The award presentation came at the conclusion of the annual NCIDriver of the Year banquet. Among their many gifts was a check for $5,000.

“Not many drivers stay with the same company for 30years, but, on the other hand, not many companies stay in business that longeither. National has been here nearly 50 years. When I interviewed to lease mytruck on, I told them I wanted to work for a company that could keep me busyand get me home to West Virginia. National Carriers has done both,” remarkedAllen.

President of National Carriers, Jim Franck said Allenand Sandy exemplify the “Elite” Fleet. “They always have a positive, can-doattitude. They go out of their way to be professional in everything theydo. They have set a high standard for those who follow in their footsteps.Thank you for all you do. It’s my privilege to work alongside you,” he said.

Director of Operations, Lex Mendenhall shared, “Allenand Sandy are the most unassuming folks you will ever meet. Humble anddedicated, together they form one of the best owner operator businesses in thetransportation industry. During a period when freight has seen an economicdownturn, the Smiths are experiencing a business uptick. Their business senseis outstanding.” 

Company Information

National Carriers is a diversified motor carrier servicingall 48 states in the continental United States with transportation offeringswhich include refrigerated, livestock, and logistics services. At NationalCarriers, our mission is "to be the safest, most customer-focused, andsuccessful motor carrier in our class."  

Being part of the Elite Fleet® means enjoying a careerworthy of your skills and commitment to excellence. We believe long-termsuccess is waiting for you at National Carriers®, one of the nation's oldest, most respectedand largest carriers. Learn about our exciting opportunities for owneroperators as well as company drivers.  Ifyou are interested in a leasing a truck, National Carriers® Leasing Division is theideal partner to help you get started.

FOR IMMEDIATERELEASE

National Carriers, Inc.

3925Carbon Rd, Irving, TX 75038

Director of Media

Phone: (800) 835-2097 Ext. 6628

Email: e.kentner@nationalcarriers.com

View the full article