Tanker Driver-Decatur - Decatur, AL
606 Moreland Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15243
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to equity in employment and providing a dynamic and flexible work environment which allows all employees to strive and reach their full career potential. We are committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our employment practices and respect the right of applicants and employees to fair and equitable treatment.
Scope of the Position
Our Drivers play an integral part in the transportation of bulk liquid commodities and hazardous materials. You will be the face of our company by representing a culture of safety, creating a positive experience and developing longstanding relationships with our customers.
Monday to Friday work schedule – minimum 40 hours, plus overtime in peak season. Weekend work may be required.
You are home every night! Team based culture and safety orientated.
Location: Decatur, AL
Hourly Rate: $26.00
Benefits of being a Chemtrade Driver
- Chemtrade drivers deliver local and short hauls to customers only! No need to worry about being over the road.
- New trucks and equipment, maintenance managed by the Company
- 401K with company match
- PPE paid by employer
- Health, dental, vision and insurance coverage
- Paid time off
- Employee wellness program
- Safety bonus program
- Load and transfer product as required
- Unload raw materials from tank trucks
- Transport and unload chemicals into customers’ tanks, safely and with the required paperwork
- Safe handling of hoses for loading and unloading
- Perform pre and post trip inspections
- Comply with all Company, Customer Federal, State, Local laws rules and regulations
- Become familiar with plant operating procedures
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need To Be Successful
- Minimum two (2) years of tractor/tanker experience
- Must have a valid commercial Driver's License, CDL Class A, with appropriate hazmat and tanker endorsements
- A clean driving record for past three (3) years
- Be physically qualified to drive a motor vehicle and provide valid medical card
- Be able to provide proof of experience or training to safely operate the type of motor vehicle used by Chemtrade
- Ability to work a flexible and changeable schedule that includes weekends, evenings, and overtime
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision, be highly motivated, energetic, and enjoy working as part of a team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee is occasionally required to climb stairs/ladders (including vertical)
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in confined work spaces
- Must be "fit for duty"
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with 65+ locations across North America and Brazil. Chemtrade provides industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partner to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, and Food & Beverage industries and is committed to the codes and ethics of Responsible Care 14001.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about Chemtrade by visiting www.chemtradelogistics.com or follow us on Facebook
Other positions at Chemtrade
|Tanker Driver - Jacksonville, FL||Jacksonville, FL, AB, AK, AL, AR, AZ, BC, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MB, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NB, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NL, NM, NS, NT, NV, NY, OH, OK, ON, OR, PA, PE, QC, RI, SC, SD, SK, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY, YT|
|Regional Driver Trainer - Denver, CO||Denver, CO, AB, AK, AL, AR, AZ, BC, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MB, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NB, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NL, NM, NS, NT, NV, NY, OH, OK, ON, OR, PA, PE, QC, RI, SC, SD, SK, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY, YT|
|Tanker Driver - Vancouver||Vancouver, WA, AB, AK, AL, AR, AZ, BC, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MB, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NB, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NL, NM, NS, NT, NV, NY, OH, OK, ON, OR, PA, PE, QC, RI, SC, SD, SK, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY, YT|
Other positions in Pennsylvania
|CLASS A OTR $90,000 TO $110,000 PLUS SIGN ON BONUS|
|Class A CDL - Dedicated Shuttle truck driver|
|Class A CDL - Dedicated truck driver - Harley-Davidson|
Other positions for Tanker Truck Experience
|Class A CDL - Jet-Set Dedicated Tanker truck driver - Bayer|
|Class A CDL - Dedicated Tanker truck driver - Cornerstone|
|Class A CDL - Dedicated Tanker truck driver|
E-mail To A Friend